Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Windows Phone 7 (WP7) update 7.0.7392.0 is out. Security is the agenda.

Today I got a surprise, a WP7 update! I did not expect mango updates so soon. So to get more information I visited Microsoft's official web-page for windows phone updates and found it is not mango but a small yet critical security update, I doubt if we can taste the mango this summer as it is the biggest WP7 update announced till date, thus should take more time.

The important thing about the 7.0.7392.0 update is it confirms what I said earlier 'Microsoft is serious and proactive about security'. This should please business users more.

I got this update as soon as it was available, now imagine this with an android where multiple versions coexist in the market and updates has to go through heavy OEM customizations.

WP7 has certainly scored +1 over Android in this regard.

3 comments:

  1. got the same thing, also I thought it was Mango but not sure till now, small update? well tell you what, my took a while to complete, for a moment there I thought it had frozen, but then instead of checking my computer progress I looked at my phone and saw that it was still moving, why not use percentage? anyway Thank you MS for getting on the updates and hopefully Mango will get here sooner than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah... Mango should be on time. RTM is already released!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dear, are you genuinely visiting this site daily, if so then you will without doubt obtain
    nice knowledge.

    Feel free to surf to my homepage healthy diet plan

    ReplyDelete